Monday, May 24, 2010

Bass strings for metal... dropped tuning?

Ey there, I'm switching over to bass from guitar (been playing 6 years) for a band I just joined. I'm gonna switch the strings from the bass I just ordered (Dean Z Metalman) since I haven't heard very good reviews for them, and would rather get something other than the stock ones they'll have anyways.





So I'm wondering what strings would be best for playing metal in drop C tuning. So far what I've been recommended are D'Addario, DR, and Ernie Ball.





I love Ernie Ball and Dean Markley on my Jackson DKMG, but not sure how good they'd be for a bass.

Bass strings for metal... dropped tuning?
I have to recommend the D'Addario. Just get the lowest gauge possible if you're going to have it tuned so low, even though it may be rough on your fingers at first.


No comments:

Post a Comment