Monday, May 24, 2010

Guitar Strings Sound Metallic... May Be Strings Hitting on Frets... Is It Just Cause I Need to Break Them In?

I have G'Aggradio (or Something like that... I'm too lazy to get up and look now.) .10 Gauge Strings. I play Metal, and tune it to three different tunings:


C G C F A D


D G C F A D


D A D G B E


which may be bad for my strings, which is unrelated to the question but just throw that in your answer please.





I just put my strings on at about 8 00 tonight, and played it like 5 seconds after I put them on. When I hit some of the lower strings (which is constant in metal songs), it makes a noise that can be described as a "buzzing, metallic sound." I told a guy to modify my guitar to play with .11 gauge strings, but would that make much of a difference?

Guitar Strings Sound Metallic... May Be Strings Hitting on Frets... Is It Just Cause I Need to Break Them In?
It sounds like you aren't putting enough pressure on the strings. I have D'Addario strings on both my Alvarez Classic guitar (EXP 45) and my Martin D-28 acoustic (EJ-16)... I really like the sound they give but they are very critical as to the amount of pressure you apply to them... sloppy playing techniques will show up immediately... usually by giving off a fret buzz.


No comments:

Post a Comment