Monday, May 24, 2010

In C++:How do you make a STRING uppercase?

I am working with a string being passed in from a client. I am comparing this string to a preset value.





In order to do this, I need to make the incomming string capital. I know toupper will only work on char.





How can I make a string all uppercase?

In C++:How do you make a STRING uppercase?
Not as such, but you can write one without much trouble.





void stoupper(std::string%26amp; s)


{


std::string::iterator i = s.begin();


std::string::iterator end = s.end();





while (i != end) {


*i = std::toupper((unsigned char)*i);


++i;


}


}
Reply:One other oddball suggestion. If you can store the preset value in a string, you can use the built in function compare. More information at the URL below. Pivy.


No comments:

Post a Comment