Monday, May 24, 2010

Why would my gdb debugger show me this error? c++?

Here is the error it gave, in my main program the first line is to just cout%26lt;%26lt; 1; It won't even do that without pausing for a long time then giving me a segmentation fault. Anyways here's the error:





Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.


0xff358948 in std::string::_Alloc_hider::_Alloc_hider (this=0xf9018000,


__dat=0xff385ecc "", __a=@0xffbff710)


at /export/home/jco/gnu-sw/src/gcc-3.3.3/sp...


228 /export/home/jco/gnu-sw/src/gcc-3.3.3/sp... No such file or directory.


in /export/home/jco/gnu-sw/src/gcc-3.3.3/sp...


Current language: auto; currently c++

Why would my gdb debugger show me this error? c++?
Yahoo reformats things in ways that are not optimal for programming discussions.





In any case, even if your stuff can across intact it would be hard to figure out the error from the error messages alone. Just post the relevant code. If you are barfing on something like "cout %26lt;%26lt; 1" then it is likely something crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment