Monday, May 24, 2010

Ukulele - alternate tuning - strings?

I just bought a soprano ukulele which I plan to use for playing Indian classical music. I know that the uke is traditionally tuned to GCEA tuning. But, I want to use it with a CGCG (lower C, lower G, middle C, middle G) tuning. This is the most convenient tuning for playing Indian classical music.





I want to purchase strings which would be suitable for this tuning. I tried using La Belle nylon banjo strings which have the required octave range but they are too thin and the quality of sound from the sound box is not as good as the original nylon strings.





I have no idea about what kind of guitar strings are suitable for my purpose and would really appreciate if someone knowledgable about guitar tuning OR uke tuning could help me by suggesting the right strings (brand / product name would really help.) Thanks.

Ukulele - alternate tuning - strings?
I've always heard that it goes MDHF. thats for "My Dog Has Fleas". also i don't think your supposed to use guitarre strings on a ukellele. its supposed to be some sort of twine or something, as opposed to wire... hence the name ukellele.

magnolia

No comments:

Post a Comment